Fenwick Island DE Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Fenwick Island DE. If you would like more information on any of these Fenwick Island DE real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Fenwick Island DE listings come on the market.
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Bright MLS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2021 Bright MLS. All rights reserved.
About Fenwick Island Delaware
Fenwick Island is a small town located on the southern border of Deleware. The town's name leads many people to believe that it is located on an island, but it is actually a barrier spit peninsula on the Atlantic Ocean Coast and Little Assawoman Bay. Ocean City occupies the southern portion of the same peninsula on the Maryland side. The town of Fenwick Island was incoroporated into Delaware in 1953 to keep it a quiet oceanfront town and deter highrise development. Today Fenwick Island remains a premier destination to visit and live and enjoy a laid back "island" lifestyle.
Things to Do in Fenwick Island DE
Fenwick Island is a perfect place for those that love the water and getting outdoors. There are countless opportunities for water activities including fishing, boating, windsurfing and more. Most outdoor adventure seekers find themselves at Fenwick Island State Park right on the beach, hikers enjoy the park year round and the ocean side of the park features one of the best places to swim in town. Other popular activities within Fenwick Island include the Viking Golf Amusements and Thunder Lagoon water park featuring fun for the whole family including putt-putt golf, go-karts, and waterslides.
If you are looking for a small bite and a leisurerly stroll the Fenwick Boardwalk is a fun place to visit with eateries including the Hershey's Island Creamery, The Hungry Viking, Dunkin Donuts & Tide Pool Toy Store, Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cakes, Made to Order Grilled Burgers, Hot Dogs, and handcut boardwalk fries, Fresh Baked Pizza, and Delicious Fruit Smoothies.
For even more activity the bustling town of Ocean City is just to the south and Rehoboth Beach is just across the bay.
Schools in Fenwick Island DE
The public schools that serve the students living in Fenwick Island are part of the Indian River School District in nearby Selbyville DE. Specific schools in the district that serve Fenwick Island include Showell Elementary School, Lord Baltimore Elementary School, Selbyville Middle School, Indian River High School, Southern Delaware School of the Arts, and Carver Educational Center School. All of these schools receive high ratings, and some have received a 10 out of 10 rating from GreatSchools.org.
Homes in Fenwick Island DE
Fenwick Island is a laid back and purposely less-developed area than neighboring towns. Being that it is a more rural place to live in a great location and is still a popular vacation spot, there is a mix of home types available. About 45% of homes in Fenwick Island are single family detached homes with amazing water views and waterfront lots. The remaining 55% of homes are a mix of low rise townhomes and condos. The median price of homes in Fenwick Island DE is 1,069,500.
For more information on Homes in Fenwick Island DE and Fenwick Island DE Real Estate please contact us any time using the form below.
Contact a Fenwick Island DE Realtor®
Image By Lionsatthegate37 - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6383029